500 the seeming amount of times I looked at my stop watch to see “how much longer…”
308 days until the St. Jude half marathon
100 dollar amount spent on new shoes after the experts watched me run at Fleet Feet
64 degrees outside and sunny, perfect day to begin the undertaking of a lifetime
50 cent … my rapper of choice on the ipod
26.2 bumper sticker I saw on the back of an SUV while running … and it took on a whole new
meaning
10 long months of training ahead
8 times that I thought to myself during the course of running, “So this is what labor will be like – not knowing how bad (how hard??) it really is until you’re in the thick of it.”
2 number of miles logged on pedometer on day 1 of training
1 new pair of synthetic socks – less cotton, less blistering
p.s. has anyone ever taken an ice bath before?? runner's world tells me it's the way to soothe and heal the muscle pain ... I may be the bath queen, but I believe this is where I draw the line ... just say no to bubble baths with a cup of ice included.
