Sunday, October 04, 2009

Weekend Highs & Lows

I ran five miles yesterday. The actual run was not so bad, it was the aftermath. I couldn’t figure out if it just flat wore me out or if I was too dehydrated [we’ll come back to this…]. Regardless – it was another mile down, another check mark on the countdown to marathon calendar, etc. Celebrating the victories.

We drove to Mississippi State for the game yesterday afternoon and it was a blast. Paul and I sat in the student section with Loren, and were surrounded by cocktail dresses, cowbells and Chi Omega’s :) Just a taste of how Southerner’s do football.

It was a night game, and so we loaded up late for the drive back. About 30 minutes into the trip I noticed that I wasn’t feeling so great. About 10 minutes later I started sweating and feeling cold all at the same time … there are low points in everyone’s life … one of mine happened close to midnight after we pulled into a gas station. With my in-law’s in the backseat and my husband in the driver’s seat, my limp body could be seen hanging halfway out of the car door. It seems that the earlier feelings [post-5 miler] of sickness had nothing to do with dehydration. Therefore, new low point? Being on a road trip when the {violent} stomach flu strikes.

Today was spent in my bed. Orange gatorade is my new best friend.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My best friend is usually the yellow kind. Hope you are feeling better!

Loren said...

Pap-pa told me you got sick :( I'm so sorry! It was so good seeing you last night though! Wish we could have spent more time together!

Lindsey Grace said...

i'm so sorry you were sick- but of course i can envision the whole scenario...love you much =)

anna said...

oh no! yuck!!! i'm sorry you are under the weather! hope you feel better soon. at least you have a large accomplishment under your belt...and a good story to tell :)

Kimberly said...

Hoping you feel best soon, dear friend!