Tuesday, May 22, 2012

When I Know Summer Is Almost Here


I know that summer is right on the horizon when all
of the hydrangeas in Memphis are in bloom.
These particular blooms are located in Cooper-Young
and belong to the neighbors of a friend. Aren’t they beautiful?



Hydrangeas are filling up nearly every vase I own right
now, in every room of my home … and on my desk at work.
They make me so happy.



Our book club is reading Gretchen Rubin’s
The Happiness Project this month.
It’s a re-read for me, but I’m okay with that {I really love it}.
Other small items of happiness in my life? … the fact
that I splurged on dryer sheets because the box says,
“Mrs. Meyer’s lemon & verbena” {and now, not only
sheets and towels, but my entire laundry room smells like
deliciousness} … the sky club lounge at the airport
{are you a member? It makes waiting pre-board
and layovers an entirely new experience – and a happy one} …
my new black linen wedges … and the Psalms {which I am
currently reading through each morning}.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Heather, I haven't gotten the dryer sheets yet, but I do have the Mrs. M lemon verbena: hand soap, dish soap, window cleaner, all purpose cleaner candle, annnnd toilet cleaner! I love it so...Can you smell my house from Memphis?

Kimberly said...

I haven't read that book, but there isn't anything else you posted about that I don't also love. Mrs. M (use it in my kitchen), hydrangeas, summer soon coming, psalms (which are SO good)....love this post, made me smile!